Mango and Mint Squash
by Anjana s chaturvedi
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4057 times
A very popular and refreshing raw mango and mint drink . Aam panna or kairi panha- it's an excellent drink for hot summer. This tangy raw mango and mint drink or squash is a very delicious and refreshing ,mainly consumed in the northern part of india. Its an excellent and instant thirst quencher ,great way to beat the heat, known for it's cooling effects and prevent from heat strokes and heat exhaustion. . You can make this fresh as panna or make it in a concentrated form as squash and bottle and use through out the year.
- Combine the mango pulp ,mint leaves and roasted cumin seeds in the mixer jar and blend to make a paste. Keep aside.
- Take sugar in a pan ,add 1. 5 cup water and boil on medium heat. Keep stirring.
- When it start boiling add 2 tsp milk to remove the scum from the syrup.
- When scum start floating on the top ,remove with a spoon to clear the syrup.
- Make a syrup of 1 thread consistency.
- Add citric acid and mix well.
- Add salt and mango mint mixture and bring it a boil. Keep aside to cool.
- Add the food colour, mix well and store in a glass bottle.
- Keep refrigerated.
This recipe was contributed by Anjana s chaturvedi on 06 Jul 2012I am Anjana Chaturvedi from Uttar Pradesh (India).Cooking is my passion and I am a vegetarian so I c...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.