Mango Truffle Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 819 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35463 times
A rich chocolate cake layered with dark chocolate icing and mangoes.
- Sift the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and soda bi-carbonate.
- Combine all the ingredients together with 1/2 cup (100 ml.) of water in a bowl and mix well using a whisk.
- Pour this mixture into a greased 150 mm. (6") diameter baking tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (360°F) for 20 minutes or till a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Unmould and cool on a wire rack.
- Put the cream in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Remove from the flame.
- Add the chopped chocolate and mix well using a whisk till it becomes a smooth sauce.
- Cool completely and keep aside.
- Slice the chocolate cake horizontally into two equal parts.
- Place the top half of the cake on a serving plate and soak with half the soaking syrup.
- Spread a generous layer of the truffle icing and the chopped mango.
- Sandwich with the other half of the cake and soak this half with the remaining soaking syrup.
- Spread another layer of the truffle icing on top.
- Cover the sides of the cake with the chocolate cream wafer biscuit rolls.
- Decorate with swirls of whipped cream, mango slices, cherries and mint leaves.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.