Mango Ginger Mousse ( Mousses Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 40 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31373 times
The rather unusual combination of mangoes and ginger gives a unique and unbeatable flavour to this mousse. It is amazing how the shades of ginger, lemon and mint give a completely new look to the otherwise common mango dessert. Taste the mixture after adding all the ingredients, and balance the ginger and lemon flavours as per your individual preference.
- Soak the agar-agar in 1/3 cup of hot water in a deep pan and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Add the mango pulp, milk and sugar, mix well and bring to boil, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and strain the mixture using a sieve.
- Transfer the mixture into a steel bowl and place the bowl in a deep vessel filled with ice-cubes for 8 to 10 minutes or until the mixture cools and thickens. Whisk the mixture vigorously and continuously till it is in ice-cubes vessel to avoid any lump formation.
- Add the lemon juice, ginger juice, mint leaves and beaten whipped cream and fold gently.
- Pour equal quantities of the mixture into 3 individual glasses and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or till the mousse sets.
- Serve chilled garnished with a swirl of beaten whipped cream, a mango cube and some mint leaves in each glass.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.