Mango Cheesecake ( Eggless Dessert)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1320 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 71303 times
A soft vanilla sponge cake with a topping of creamy mango cheesecake, garnished with finely sliced mango.
- Slice the sponge cake into two horizontally. Use only one layer of the sponge.
- Use the other layer for the variation.
- Liquidize the cream cheese, mango pieces, curds and sugar to a smooth puree in a blender. .
- Whip the cream till soft peaks form and mix gently with the mango mixture.
- Place one layer of the sponge cake on the bottom of a loose bottomed 150 mm. (6") diameter cake tin.
- Sprinkle the soaking syrup over the sponge.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the sponge and refrigerate till set. Unmould from the tin.
- Serve chilled garnished with mango slices.
- Hang curds in a muslin cloth for 10 -15 minutes to get thick curds.
- For a larger crowd, use the other slice of sponge cake and make another cheesecake.
- Variation : MANGO ICE-CREAM GATEAU :
- With the remaining layer of sponge, make a mango ice-cream gateau by first soaking the sponge with the soaking syrup.
- And then topping with scoops of vanilla ice-cream and finely chopped pieces of mango.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.