Manchow Soup, Chinese Veg Manchow Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1008 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 293663 times
Manchow soup is a very popular street food in China, and you’ll find push carts selling off this soup customized to individual taste. The hawker will throw in the ingredients you ask for to make it suitable to your palate.
Plenty of finely chopped veggies are simmered in a broth which contains generous helpings of ginger, garlic and mint. All these flavors make this soup very refreshing-which is why it is a popular soup on the streets of China. The aromas of ginger, mint and garlic truly awaken your senses. Delicious!
Some more popular Chinese soups - Hot and Sour Soup , Mein Chow Soup , Steam Boat Soup and Sweet Corn and Vegetable Soup .
- Heat 6 cups of water in a kadhai, add all the vegetables and boil on a medium flame for 15 to 20 minutes. Allow the vegetables to settle at the bottom of the vessel and pour out the stock. Discard the vegetables and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok / kadhai on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cabbage, cauliflower, capsicum, carrots and sauté on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mint leaves and coriander, mix well and sauté on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable stock, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, soya sauce, mix well and cook on a high flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 to 3 more minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the pepper powder and mix well.
- Serve immediately topped with fried noodles.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.