Malpua Rabri Sizzler
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 144 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23543 times
A mithai lover's delight! Sumptuous malpuas filled with seasonal fruits and topped with creamy rabri that's made in a jiffy.
You can substitute the seasonal fruits with any one fruit of your choice like mango, strawberries etc.
Feel free to serve this dessert without the Sizzler tray too. It will be just as delicious, I assure you.
- Dissolve the sugar in water and boil for approximately 5 minutes to make a syrup of 1 string consistency.
- Add the saffron and mix well.
- Keep the syrup warm.
- Combine the cream, plain flour and cardamom powder and mix well to make a smooth batter.
- Smear very little ghee on a non-stick pan and spread 2 tablespoons of the batter on it to make a 100 mm. (4") diameter pancake. Cook on both sides using a little ghee.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter to make 3 more malpuas.
- Dip the hot malpuas in the warm syrup for a few seconds. Drain and keep
- Combine all the ingredients in a pan and sauté for a few seconds. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a non-stick pan and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the milk has thickened. Keep aside.
- Arrange the fruits on 4 wooden sticks or metallic skewers. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle sugar over them. Keep aside.
- Lightly heat 2 sizzler plates till they are hot (but not red hot as for other sizzlers) and place them on their respective wooden trays.
- Place a teaspoon of the stuffing mixture over each malpua and fold into two.
- Arrange 2 fruit skewers on a hot sizzler plate and place one banana leaf on one side of the hot sizzler plate.
- Place the stuffed malpuas over the banana leaf on the sizzler plate.
- Pour half the rabri over the malpuas.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make one more sizzler.
- Serve immediately.
- The banana leaf is placed over the sizzler plate to prevent the malpuas and rabdi from getting scorched.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.