by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 50% LIKED IT
1 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 267 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10108 times
Coconut gives the dish its distinctive aroma.
- You can take french beans, carrots, potatoes, cauliflower and green peas as the mixed vegetables.
- Mix the coconut, curry leaves and rice and cook on a slow flame, stirring continuously, until the mixture is light pink.
- Add the green chillies, garlic, cinnamon, cloves, peppercorns and red chillies and blend with a little water.
- Add 2 teacups of water to the grated coconut and blend in a liquidiser. Strain and take out the coconut milk.
- Add the paste, all the vegetables (except the tomato), onion, curry leaves and turmeric powder and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the chopped tomato and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and salt.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.