5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 498 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 72083 times
Soft pedas with a grainy texture which are an all time favourite.
- Boil the milk in a heavy bottomed pan, stirring throughout, until it reduces to half.
- Warm the saffron in a small vessel, add 2 teaspoons of milk and rub until the saffron dissolves. Add to the boiling milk.
- Add the sugar and cook for a further 4 to 5 minutes.
- Mix the citric acid in 3 teaspoons of water. Add this mixture very gradually to the boiling milk until it curdles slightly. This may require anything from half to the entire quantity of the citric acid mixture.
- Mix the cornflour in the balance 2 teaspoons of milk and add to the boiling milk.
- Continue stirring till the mixture becomes thick and resembles khoya.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well. Allow to cool.
- Shape into 18 small balls.
- Place in paper cups, decorate with chopped almonds and pistachios and serve.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.