by Tarla Dalal
Added to 916 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 429193 times
With Malai Kofta, it is always celebration time! this is one dish which nobody will get bored of even if it is served at every party. The koftas themselves are so tasty that they can easily be served as a snack along with tea. You could microwave or shallow fry the koftas if you want to avoid deep frying them.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a cylindrical shape.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few koftas at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the onions and cashews in a mixer and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onion-cashew paste, garlic paste, ginger paste and green chilli paste, and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the fresh tomato pulp, sugar, garam masala, chilli powder, salt and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame and add the fresh cream and mix well.
- Just before serving, arrange the koftas in a serving dish. Pour the hot gravy over the koftas.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh cream.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.