Makhane ki Kheer ( Roz ka Khana Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 67% LIKED IT
2 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 305 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36825 times
Makhane ki kheer is lotus seeds simmered in milk and flavoured with nutmeg.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the makhanas and saute for 3 to 4 minutes till they are crisp.
- Remove from the fire and crush them slightly.
- Heat the milk in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the sugar, mix well, and simmer till the sugar dissolve, while stirring continuously. .
- Add the crushed makhanas and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the nutmeg powder and saffron. Mix well.
- Remove from the flame.
- Garnish with the pistachios, glace cherries and silver leaf.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.