Makai ka Dhokla ( Roz ka Khana )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 755 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26326 times
Scrumptious sweet corn and maize flour dhoklas ready within minutes.
- Combine the maize flour and sour curds with 1/2 cup of warm water in a bowl. Mix well to make a smooth batter. Keep aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Add the sweet corn, ginger-green chilli paste, asafoetida, sugar, lemon juice, oil and mix well.
- Add the fruit salt, mix gently and pour the batter into a greased 150 mm. (6") diameter thali. Steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Prepare the tempering by heating the oil, adding the mustard seeds, sesame seeds and asafoetida and frying until the seeds crackle. Pour the tempering over the prepared dhokla.
- Garnish with the chopped coriander. Cut into pieces and serve hot.
- Add the Eno's fruit salt just before you put the dhoklas to steam.
- Always use your hands while mixing the batter to break the lumps.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.