Makai Shorba, Thick Corn Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13169 times
The Makai Shorba is a very creamy sweet corn soup with desi notes. Onions and carrots add volume to the soup, and also improve the texture and flavour, while a horde of spices ranging from cloves and cinnamon to coriander and cumin seeds give the shorba a very appetising flavour and irresistible aroma. Served hot with a garnish of coriander, this soup is sure to kindle your appetite.
Your appetite will be satiated when you have a bowl of Makai Shorba accompained with Garlic Bread and some salad .
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cloves, cinnamon, peppercorns, bay leaf, onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the carrot, coriander seeds, cumin seeds powder and turmeric powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the corn, 3½ cups of water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
- Once cooled, discard the bayleaf and cinnamon and blend it in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same non-stick pan, add milk and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
RECIPE SOURCE : Corn
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.