by Tarla Dalal
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9432 times
This luscious and luxurious Indian-style corn soup is sure to steal everybody's heart. Served hot with garlic bread, it makes an absolutely healthy, hearty and wholesome meal.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the cloves, cinnamon, peppercorns, bay leaf, onions and garlic and cook till the onions are translucent.
- Add the carrots, coriander seeds, cumin seeds powder and turmeric powder and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the corn, 3½ cups of water and salt and simmer over a medium flame for 10 to 15 minutes, till the corn is cooked.
- Cool completely and blend to a smooth purée in a mixer. Transfer back into a pan.
- Add the milk, bring to a boil garnished with roasted corn and coriander sprig.
- Serve hot with the lemon juice.
RECIPE SOURCE : Corn
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.