Makai Paatal Bhaji
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9363 times
A unique sweet and spicy blend of colocasia leaves, chana dal and spices forms the base for this Maharashtrian-style dish made with hearty chunks of corn on the cob.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds, asafoetida, ginger and green chillies.
- Add the colocasia leaves, chana dal, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seed powder and salt and sauté till the mixture comes together as a mass.
- Add 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Whisk well till it is smooth.
- Add the corncobs, tamarind pulp and jaggery and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot.
RECIPE SOURCE : Corn
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.