Makai Ni Khichdi ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 261 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 55136 times
Makai ni khichdi is a very tasty dish made using tender corn cobs. Of course, corn by itself is a very tempting ingredient! but, the intelligent choice of spices that complements the corn adds to the lure of this dish, which may be had as a snack or as a veggie accompaniment for dinner. The winning touch to this dish is the perfect balance of important ingredients like sugar, lemon juice and salt—so pay a lot of attention to it.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida and green chillies.
- When the seeds crackle, add the corn and sauté on a slow flame for 5 minutes.
- Add ½ cup of water, milk, sugar and salt and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for more 12 to 15 minutes or till the corn is tender, while stirring frequently occasionally.
- Add the lemon juice, mix well and cook for another 1 minute.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.