Makai Methi Roti
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 94 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15465 times
The methi used in combination with makai ka atta makes a delectable variation of the traditional makai ki roti. A bowl of thick curds is all that is required along with these roti to make a satisfying breakfast or a quick meal.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Knead it very well for at least 5 minutes so it is easy to roll.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll each portion into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle using a little maize flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti, till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Brush with melted butter and serve immediately with fresh curds.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.