Maharashtrian Style Patal Bhaji
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 137 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 54123 times
An extremely popular Maharashtrian delicacy. Best had with crisp rotis.
- Soak the chana dal for 2 to 3 hours.
- Mix the chana dal, colocasia leaves and 1 teacup of water. Cook in a pressure cooker. Mash the mixture slightly.
- Heat the oil and fry the mustard seeds until they crackle. Add the asafoetida and the dal mixture.
- Add the chilli powder, jaggery, tamarind water, peanuts and salt.
- Cook for a few minutes. Serve hot.
- Goodness Guide :
- Colocasia leaves are a rich source of calcium, iron and Vitamin A.
- Which in turn prevent bone-thinning, anaemia and eye disorders respectively.
Nutrient values Per Serving :
|4.9 g||10.1 g||7.2 g|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.