Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46468 times
Maharashtrian kadhi is slightly thicker kadhi recipe than the punjabi kadhi and is prepared with the besan and beaten curd blended together. The kadhi is then cooked tempered with curry leaves, mustard seeds and ginger-garlic paste. Enjoy the kadhi with hot steamed rice.
- Combine the besan and curds in a deep pan and whisk well.
- Add 2 cups of water and turmeric powder, mix well and cook, while stirring continuously for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger paste, garlic paste, green chillies and curry leaves and saute for 1 minute.
- Add this to the boiling kadhai and mix well.
- Simmer till the kadhi becomes thick.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by chandapappa on 01 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.