Added to 232 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 48413 times
Magaz is a melt-in-the-mouth mithai made with the energizing combination of besan, sugar and ghee. The rich flavour of this laddoo-like sweet depends on how well you cook the besan. It is important to roast it uniformly, till a rich smell comes. Keep stirring it so that it does not char. The proportion of ghee and besan is also important as you might end up with a dry or very soft laddoo if it is not done right. Once you have the mix ready, take some in your palm, shape it into a round and keep rolling it in your hand till you get a smooth, lustrous, ghee-tinted texture on the surface. Keep an eye on the container you arrange these laddoos in, because it looks so tempting, and you folks might keep popping one into their mouths even as you keep preparing the Magaz! Serve this Mishtan with Dry Snacks like Ganthias and Masala Khakhras .
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the besan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 13 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame and keep stirring for 1 more minute.
- Transfer the mixture into a plate and keep aside to cool for 1 hour or till the mixture cools down completely.
- Add the sugar, coarsely powdered almonds, cardamom powder and mix well while rubbing the mixture in between your palms till it gets a crumbly texture.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and shape it into a round ball.
- Repeat step 5 to shape 17 more magaz.
- Garnish with almond slivers and store in an air-tight container.
- These can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature for 15 days.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.