Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19673 times
Pamper your sweet tooth with the appealing and irrestible magaj. The magaj is a rich dessert recipe with roasted besan or gram flour cooked with an assortment of crushed nuts, khoya and sugar syrup.
- Combine the besan with 1/2 of the ghee, mix well and sieve and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a kadhai and add the besan and saute till the besan is golden but not brown.
- Add the khoya and saute for 3 minutes on a slow flame.
- Meanwhile, make a sugar syrup of one thread consistency and add the syrup and cardamom powder to the fried besan and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture on a gresed plate and press well using your palms.
- Garnish with blanched pistas and almonds.
- Cut into diamond shape pieces and allow it to cool.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
This recipe was contributed by pink_key711 on 01 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.