Mag na Dhokla
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 217 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24438 times
Moong dal or 'mag na' dhoklas are a favourite breakfast recipe of gujaratis. Not only are these dhoklas very simple to prepare, they can also be made well in advance. To enhance its flavour and nutritive value, add some grated carrots or ground peas to the batter. Serve with low calorie green chutney.
- Soak the moong for 4 hours. Drain and grind to a coarse paste.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, cumin seed powder, curds and salt and mix well.
- Grease a 200 mm. (8") diameter thali and keep aside.
- Divide the batter into 2 parts.
- Add ¾ teaspoon of fruit salt to half of the batter. Mix well, pour into the greased thali and steam immediately for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Repeat stap 5 for the remaining half of the batter.
- Cool slightly and cut into diamond shaped pieces.
- Serve hot, garnished with the coriander.
- Always use your hands while mixing the batter to break the lumps.
Nutrient values per serving
|Amt||Energy||Protein||Cho||Fat||Vit A||Vit C||Calcium||Iron||F. Acid||Fibre|
| 72 gm|| 246 kcal|| 17.9 gm|| 41.7 gm|| 0.8 gm|| 135.7 mcg|| 2.3 mg|| 120.2 mg|| 2.6 mg|| 91.4 mcg|| 0.5 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.