Macaroni A La Mexicana
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 882 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18681 times
Macaroni prepared in an unusual way based on Mexican style cooking.
- Mix all the ingredients. Shape into round balls and deep fry in oil.
- Put the tomatoes in hot water for 10 minutes. Remove the skin and chop.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum, garlic and chilli powder and fry again for a little while.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar and salt and cook on a slow flame for at least 10 minutes.
- Add the macaroni and mix.
- Soak the beans overnight. Next day, cook in pressure cooker. Drain and mash.
- Heat the butter and ghee and fry the onion for few minutes.
- Add the beans, chilli powder, tomato ketchup and salt and cook for a few minutes.
- Beat the cream. Add the lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of the cooking cheese and the salt.
- In a greased baking dish, first make a layer of the beans. Next, spread the layer of macaroni. Put the cheese balls on top. Pour the cream over this.
- Spread the remaining cheese and dust chilli powder on top.
- Bake in a hot oven at 230 degree c (450 degree f) for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.