Maa Chhole Di Dal
This recipe has been viewed 14962 times
Ma chole di dal is a Punjabi lentil preparation with split black urad dal and chole (chickpeas). A delicious creamy dal recipe, ma chole ki dal is favorite amongst all Punjabi preparations and is a variation to the traditional favorite, dal makhani. Relish the smooth and yummy ma chole ki dal with paranthas and pickle.
- Mix the two dals, wash and soak in four cups of water for an hour.
- Peel, wash and chop the ginger.
- remove stems, wash and chop the green chillies. peel, wash and chop the onion. wash and chop the tomato.
- Drain the water and put the soaked dals in a vessel, add four cups of water, salt, turmeric powder, ginger powder, half the chopped ginger and green chillies. cover and cook on low heat till the dals are tender.
- Mix them with a ladle and make a homogeneous mixture of two dals without mashing them.
- For tempering heat ghee and butter in a pan.
- add cumin seeds, the remaining chopped green chillies and ginger.
- Stir and add chopped onion and sauté till onions turn reddish.
- Add chopped tomatoes and stir. add red chilli powder and mix.
- Add the tempering to the dal and mix. simmer for a few minutes and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by anudeep on 24 Nov 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.