Low Fat Curds ( How To Make Low Fat Curds)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41913 times
Low fat curds, made from low fat milk (99. 9% fat free) locally available in the market. These curds provides only 71 calories and 0. 2 gm. Fat per cup. Curds are a wholesome and nourishing addition to your diet. Easier to digest than milk, curds complement the protein present in cereals like parathas and biryanis. Use this low fat version of curds as an accompaniment to the main meal or in raitas, desserts and salad dressings.
- Warm the milk in a deep non-stick pan.
- Add the curds, mix well and cover.
- Keep aside until the curds set (approx. 5 to 6 hours).
- During the cold climate, place inside a casserole or closed oven to set.
- 2 cups of low-fat curds when hung in a muslin cloth for 1 hour yields approx. 1 cup of hung low-fat curds.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.