Low Calorie White Sauce ( Diabetic Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17336 times
White sauce is frequently used in continental cuisine. Here is a low calorie version of white sauce which made healthy by the use of cauliflower for creaminess and whole wheat flour instead of the refined plain flour. Enjoy using this white sauce without the guilt for making your favourites dishes like pastas and baked dishes.
- Combine the cauliflower and 2 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes or till the cauliflower softens and the water has almost evaporated. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Blend the cauliflower (along with the little water remaining) in a mixer to a smooth purée and strain it using a strainer. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the wheat flour and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds or till the wheat flour turns light brown in colour.
- Add the milk and cauliflower purée, mix well using a whisk till no lumps remain and bring to boil.
- Add the salt and pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Use as required.
Nutrient values per ½ cup
| 61 kcal|| 4.5 gm|| 8.4 gm|| 1.0 gm|| 0.6 gm|| 136.4 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.