Low Cal Dahi Vada ( Non- Fried Snacks )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26097 times
Dahi vadas, urad dal is a rich source of protein, and folic acid, making this a really healthy dish! fruit salt, which is available under the brand name “eno” makes the vadas very light and fluffy. Remember to soak and squeeze the wadas just before serving or else they will break.
- Whisk the curds and milk together till smooth.
- Add the salt and mix well. Refrigerate to chill.
- Drain and wash the urad dal thoroughly.
- Drain again, add the ginger, green chillies and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste adding 1 tbsp of water if required.
- Transfer the batter into a pan, sprinkle the fruit salt on it and then some water on it. When the bubbles form, mix gently and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan and when hot, pour a laddleful of the batter on it (make 4 to 5 vadas at a time), cover and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn upside down, cover again and cook on a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook on a medium flame till they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Repeat to make more vadas. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, soak the vadas in a vesselful of water, drain and squeeze gently.
- Arrange the soaked vadas on a serving plate and pour the masala curds, khajur imli ki chutney and green chutney on it.
- Sprinkle chilli powder and cumin seeds powder. Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.