Low Cal Dahi Vada ( Non- Fried Snacks )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 44 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35810 times
Who would have thought you can make the all-time favourite Dahi Vada without deep frying in oil! Here, we have cooked the flavourful vada batter in a non-stick tava greased with minimal oil, and used this to make delectable chutney-laced Dahi Vadas.
Soak and squeeze the vadas just before serving, because if you soak them for too long they will disintegrate. Dahi Vada is a rich source of protein, and very yummy too, so you can enjoy this low-cal, non-fried version once in a whole without worrying about excess calories.
You might also like the low-cal version of these all time favourite snacks - Batata Vada , Baked Samosa , Baked Ghughra , Kachori and Stuffed Patties .
- Combine the urad dal, ginger, green chillies and salt and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using approx. ½ cup of water.
- Transfer the batter into a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan, grease it with ¼ tsp of oil, put 1 tbsp of the batter , you can make 4 vadas at a time, cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turnover, cover with a lid and cook again on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Put them in a bowl with enough water and allow them to soak for 5 minutes. Squeeze and keep aside.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 2 more batches. Keep aside.
- Place 4 vadas in a serving plate, put little curd mixture 1 tbsp of khajur imli ki chutney, 2 tsp green chutney , little chilli powder, cumin seeds powder and finally 1 tbsp of coriander evenly over the curd mixture.
- Repeat step 1 to make 2 more servings.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.