Lettuce Wraps (100 Calorie Snacks)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 60 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31639 times
Suggested serving size for 100 calories: 2 wraps
make the best use of aromatic basil, tangy lemon juice, spicy dry red chillies and zesty soya sauce in these remarkable lettuce wraps. Antioxidant rich veggies add loads of health as well.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the garlic, ginger and spring onions and sauté on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the mushrooms, carrots and cabbage, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts, tofu, lemon juice, soya sauce, salt and red chilli flakes and sauté on a medium flame for another minute. Keep aside to cool.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Wash the lettuce leaves, dry them on a towel and keep aside.
- Place a lettuce leaf on a clean, flat surface and place a portion of the stuffing along one side of the leaf.
- Add ½ tsp of peanuts and ½ tsp of basil over the stuffing, roll it up gently and secure the roll by inserting a toothpick or tie using a spring onion green.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 5 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.