Lettuce Wraps ( Exotic Diabetic Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 44 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16468 times
This recipe goes to prove that healthy food can also be fun and interesting! veggies are stuffed in small lettuce squares that are rolled up to make wraps. While that is tempting in itself, the use of ginger and garlic further enhances the flavour of this vegetable-loaded dish, while tofu and bean sprouts are health boosters. Soya sauce is a processed food that is high in sodium and preservatives; hence i have used just 1 tsp to flavour the filling. Red chilli flakes spice up the flavour – but you can modify the quantity used as per your liking. So, here we go, another low calorie snack that can be had without any guilt or fear of an increasing waistline!
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the garlic, ginger and spring onions and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the mushrooms, carrots and cabbage, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts, tofu, lemon juice, soya sauce, salt and red chilli flakes, mix gently and saute on a medium flame for another minute.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Wash the lettuce leaves, dry them on a towel and keep aside.
- Place a lettuce leaf on a clean, flat surface and place a portion of the stuffing along one side of the leaf.
- Add ½ tsp of peanuts and ½ tsp of basil over the stuffing, roll it up gently and secure the roll by inserting a toothpick or tie using a spring onion green.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 5 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
| 36 calories|| 1.8 gm|| 2.6 gm|| 2.2 gm|| 36.2 mg|| 1.2 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.