Lemon Rice ( South Indian Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 78 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 208353 times
A hassle-free lunch-box option, lemon rice is a favourite with young and old alike in southern india! lemon adds the tanginess, while the tempering imparts the aroma to this simple rice delicacy.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, chana dal, and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the ginger, red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder and rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the lemon juice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.