Lemon Mousse ( Mousses Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 26 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11042 times
A delight that melts in your mouth and leaves an indelible mark of joy! this mousse is as light and soft as a soufflé, and has been made with paneer—an ingredient that you might not have thought of making mousses with before! the sharp lemon accent is the highlight of this recipe, both visually and taste-wise—and so, the use of lemon essence is very essential. The only thing you need to take care of is the balancing of sugar and lemon juice.
- Bring the milk to boil in a deep pan
- When the milk starts boiling, remove form the flame , add the lemon juice and wait for 2 minutes.
- Stir once and again wait for 2 minutes or till the milk is completely curdled. Strain it with the help of a strainer and squeeze out all the excess water from the paneer.
- Keep aside and use as required.
- Combine the lemon yellow colour, lemon rind, lemon juice, lemon essence, sugar and the prepared paste in a bowl and mix gently.
- Add the whipped cream and fold gently.
- Pour equal quantities of the mixture into 4 individual bowls / glasses and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or till the mousse sets.
- Garnish it with lemon drops, mint sprigs and lemon wedges.
- Serve chilled.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.