Lemon Cheesecake ( Diabetic)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 839 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 50718 times
This summery cheesecake is wonderful if you are looking for a dessert to be prepared well in advance. The digestive biscuits, bound with a little bit of butter, give a light and crispy texture to the crust. The cheesecake mixture is flavoured with lemon juice and zest that lends its characteristic freshness to this dessert, while the sugar substitute provides the necessary sweetness.
- Combine the butter and biscuits and line the bottom of a 100 mm. (4") diameter loose bottomed cake tin.
- Refrigerate till set.
- Blend the cream cheese in a blender till it is smooth and free of lumps, adding some warm milk or whey if required.
- Combine with the remaining ingredients in a bowl and whisk till it is a smooth mixture.
- Combine the marmalade with 1 tablespoon of water in a pan and melt over gentle heat. Cool slightly.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the set crust and refrigerate till the mixture sets.
- Pour the warm topping over and chill again for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Demould the cake,cut into wedges and serve chilled.
Nutrient values per serving
|Amt|| 36 gm|
|Energy|| 145 kcal|
|Protein|| 8.1 gm|
|Cho|| 19.3 gm|
|Fat|| 3.9 gm|
|Vit-A|| 0.0 mcg |
|Vit-C|| 1.7 mg|
|Calcium|| 255.2 mg|
|Iron|| 0.6 mg|
|F.Acid|| 0.0 mcg|
|Fibre|| 0.0 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.