Lebanese Minty Rice Soup
by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7140 times
Yalya Soup or Lebanese Minty Rice Soup is an all-time favourite Lebanese Soup, which is thick, sumptuous and soothing too. Made of Rice ( Cooked Rice) and curd, this soup is delicately flavoured with mint leaves. Dry roasting the mint leaves enhances its aroma and leaves a pleasant aftertaste on your palate. You can also dry the mint leaves in a batch and store it in the Refrigerator in an airtight container.
- Combine the cornflour with 2 tbsp water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan add the mint leaves and dry roast on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn dry and crisp. Keep aside.
- Boil 3 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the rice gets cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Add more 1½ cups of water, fresh curds and cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the dry roasted mint leaves and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.