Layered Vegetable Chapatis
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 380 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13334 times
An unusual meal by itself.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough together and make a soft dough.
- Knead very well and leave aside for 1/2 hour.
- Roll out the dough into thin chapaties about 150 mm. (6") in diameter and cook them lightly on a tava.
- Chop the poatoes finely.
- Heat the ghee, add the onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato and green chilli and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, mixed vegetables, chilli powder, turmeric powder, cashewnuts, coriander and salt.
- Grease a baking dish. Put a chapati in it and spread a little stuffing.
- Dip another chapati in the milk and plain flour mixture and place it on top of the stuffing. Spread a little mixture again and continue ending with a dipped chapati.
- Pour 2 teaspoons of melted butter on top and bake in a hot oven at 200 degree c (400 degree f) for 15 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.