Layered Mexican Dip
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 56 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22047 times
This dip is far above anybody’s normal expectations! Layers of refried beans and salsa sauce are topped with cheese and baked till the layers fuse, giving rise to the Layered Mexican Dip, a dip so exciting that you it can transform any ordinary chips or even a slice of toasted bread or garlic bread into an exciting treat.
- Combine the rajma, tomatoes, garlic, green chillies, ¼ cup of onions, 1 cup of water and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the remaining ¼ cup of onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the rajma mixture, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder and sugar and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally and mashing coarsely with the help of a masher. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, tomato ketchup, oregano and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Pour the refried beans in a glass bowl, pour the tomato salsa over it and finally sprinkle the cheese evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 to 12 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately with nacho chips.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.