Layered Chocolate Mousse Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 260 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24386 times
A sinfully rich chocolate mousse cake. Milk chocolate and wafer cream biscuit base topped with a dark chocolate ganache.
- Grease the insides of a 150 mm. X 150 mm. (6" x 6") square cake tin with oil and line the insides neatly with plastic film (you can also use a loose bottomed cake tin).
- Melt the milk chocolate and peanut butter over gentle heat till it becomes a smooth mixture.
- Add the bailey's irish cream and chocolate wafer cream biscuits into the melted chocolate mixture and mix.
- Press the mixture into the greased and lined cake tin and refrigerate till it is firm.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form and keep refrigerated.
- Melt the dark chocolate over gentle heat and fold it into the cream.
- Keep aside.
- Pour the dark chocolate mixture over the set milk chocolate layer.
- Allow it to set in the refrigerator.
- Unmould the mousse cake and place on a serving plate.
- Serve chilled.
- You can use rum or any coffee flavoured liqueur instead of the irish cream for the above recipe.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.