Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3591 times
Make the quickest and most delicious layered Casserole with this easy recipe. The rice and fresh vegetables are baked to perfection in a creamy white sauce as vegetable casseroles and served layered. These easy bake layered casserole recipes are sure to please all.
- Add salt, pepper, cream, soda, 1 tbsp. butter to mashed potato.
- Mix till smooth. put in an icing bag with large star nozzle. keep aside.
- Boil rice in plenty of water, cook till grain is not hard.
- Drain water in a large colander, spread the rice in a plate to cool.
- Heat 3 tbsp. butter in a pan, add ginger, chilli, stir.
- Add spinach puree, salt, curds and cook till thick.
- Add a tsp. of flour to thicken if required.
- Cool a bit and pour over rice.
- Mix with fingers till well blended. keep aside.
- Heat remaining butter in a pan.
- Add onion, stir fry till pink.
- Add carrot, potato finger, french beans, stir fry till tender.
- Grease the casserole, spread rice and press down lightly.
- Spread the stirfried vegetables over rice.
- Even out to make a uniform layer.
- Pipe out crisscross lines of the mashed potato.
- Bake in a hot oven till potato gets tinges of brown.
- Remove, sprinkle chopped coriander and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by sonaprem on 13 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.