by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 163 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19048 times
Sweetened khoya and dry fruits encased in a crisp pastry and sealed with a clove.
- Combine the sugar and water in a pan and simmer till it reaches a 1 string consistency.
- Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Combine the flour and ghee in a bowl and make a stiff dough using enough water. Knead well.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a circle of 125 mm. (5") diameter.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the filling at one end of the circle. Fold the ends and seal the edges using a little water.
- Insert a clove on top of the sealed edge.
- Deep fry in ghee over a slow flame until golden brown in colour.
- Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
- Soak the lavang latikas in warm sugar syrup for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain and serve warm.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.