Lauki Ka Raita ( Protein Rich Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47023 times
Lauki ka raita, are normally bland, as they are meant to act as a side dish for spicy main course dishes served as part of a traditional meal. However, here is a slightly spicy raita that can combine well with spicy as well as bland main course dishes. Revel in the goodness and cooling effect of doodhi and protein rich curds, in one single dish!
- Combine the bottle gourd, onions, green chillies, ginger and ½ cup of water in a deep pan, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till all the water evaporates. Keep aside.
- Add the curds, peanuts and salt, mix well. Remove and keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, red chillies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Pour the tempering over the curds-bottle gourd mixture and mix well. Serve immediately.
Nutrient values Per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.