Lauki(doodhi) Ke Kofte
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 82327 times
Lauki ke kofte, is the deep fried bottle gourd dumplings are simmered in a onion, tomato laden rich and spicy gravy. Enjoy the lauki or bottle gourd kofte ki curry with rotis and parathas.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixyure into equal portion, roll and shape into round balls.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the koftas till it turns golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Remove on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the cinamon, cardamom, bay leaf and cloves.
- When they splutter, add the green chillies, garlic, ginger, onions and cover the vessel for 5-8 minutes on medium flame, keep stirring in between and cook till onions turn brown in colour.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder, garam masala and 3/4 cup water, mix well and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- The gravy should neither be too thick nor too thin but medium in consistency.
- Remove from the flame, add the fried koftas and mix gently.
- Serve hot garnish with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by jolu on 03 Feb 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.