Lasagna with Paneer
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 305 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 39026 times
A delightful combination of the well-known italian pasta and indian paneer.
- Mix the plain flour, butter, salt and enough water to make a soft dough.
- Knead well and leave for 1 hour.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetables, chilli powder and salt and cook for a few minutes.
- Take the vessel off the fire and add the paneer pieces.
- Cut the tomatoes into big pieces and cook without adding any water. When cooked, take out a thick soup by passing through a sieve.
- Add the sugar, chilli powder, oregano and salt and boil for at least 15 minutes.
- Add the cream.
- Roll out thedough into big thin chapatties with the help of a little flour. Cut into broad strips.
- Boil plenty of water in a big vessel. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the boiling water.
- Cook a few strips at a time in the boiling water and remove after 1/2 minute.
- In a greased baking dish, pour a little of the prepared sauce.
- Arrange some of the strips over the sauce.
- Sprinkle half of the stuffing over the strips.
- Pour a little sauce again.
- Again arrange some strips over the sauce.
- Sprinkle the balance stuffing over the strips.
- Arrange the remaining strips on top.
- Add the cream, salt and pepper to the white sauce and spread over the strips. Sprinkle the cheese over the sauce and dot with butter.
- Bake in a hot oven at 450°f for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
- Note : Instead of the above stuffing, you can also use a plain paneer stuffing made from 3 teacups of finely chopped paneer and salt.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.