Lapsi Methi Muthias
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 121 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13221 times
Another fibre rich snack that abounds in iron and vitamin A. These delectable muthias are sure to keep you 'full' for a long time. These are slightly more crumbly than regular muthias because of the broken wheat, but I guarantee you will love them.
- Clean and wash the broken wheat.
- Blanch the broken wheat in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain completely and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the muthia mixture into 8 equal portions. Shape each portion into a cylindrical roll 100 mm. (4") in length and 12 mm. (½") in diameter.
- Steam the rolls for 12 to 15 minutes or till a knife inserted in a roll comes out clean.
- Cool and slice the muthias into 12 mm. (½") long pieces and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the prepared muthias and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes till they are light brown in colour.
- Serve hot, garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vit A||153.0 mcg|
|Vit C||2.9 mg|
|F. Acid||2.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.