5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 82 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14195 times
A sumptuous dessert, made from broken wheat, that is light enough to be eaten after a heavy meal when you still crave for sugar. It will nourish you with energy, protein and iron.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and fry the broken wheat, stirring continuously till it is golden brown in colour.
- Meanwhile, heat 1½ cup of water in another pan till warm.
- Add the water to the broken wheat and increase the flame till the water comes to boil.
- Then reduce the flame and cook, stirring occasionally till the wheat is almost done.
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder and almonds and mix well.
- Cook on a slow flame till the ghee separates.
- Allow the lapsi to cool for some time.
- Before serving, add the milk and heat again.
- Serve hot.
- If the lapsi becomes dry while cooking, add some water or milk.
Nutrient values per serving
|65 gm||263 kcal||2.2 gm||38.6 gm||10.7 gm||105.2 mcg||0.1 mg||32.4 mg||1.0 mg||0.6 mcg||0.6 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.