Added to 447 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 66694 times
With its rich flavour and irresistible texture, this traditional sweet tends to be a bit addictive because our taste buds are sure to yearn for more of the magical experience. Full-fat milk and coconut cooked together give this sweet an intense flavour and amazing, coarse texture, while cardamom casts a pleasant spell on our palate! An all-time favourite with people of all ages, the Kopra Pak can be stored in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the cardamom seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the coconut and sauté on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the milk and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 45 minutes, while stirring occasionally and scraping the sides of the pan.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased thali of 175 mm. (7”) diameter and 25 mm. (1”) in height and spread it evenly using a flat ladle.
- Garnish with pistachios, press it lightly using the flat ladle and keep aside to cool completely for 1 hour.
- Cut into square pieces and serve or store in an air-tight container.
- Kopra pak stays fresh for 4 to 5 days at room temperature in an air-tight container. To store for more days, refrigerated and store in an air-tight container.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.