Added to 447 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 62176 times
A traditional coconut sweet which is a popular favourite.
- Warm the milk in a small bowl, add the saffron and rub in until the saffron dissolves.
- Dissolve the sugar with 1 cup of water and bring it to a boil. Add the lemon juice.
- Remove the floating dirt using a slotted spoon and strain the syrup if necessary.
- Boil the syrup again until it is of 2 string consistency.
- Add the coconut, ghee, prepared saffron and cardamom powder. Remove from the fire while stirring continuously.
- Spread the mixture on a thali (flat metal plate) and allow to cool.
- Decorate with the pistachios. Cut into desired shape.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.