Komal ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 94 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21071 times
Beautiful, just like its name! a rare combination of spiced curds and coconut milk makes komal a spicy yet cooling drink. Although the green chillies represent the key flavour of this drink, discarding them before serving ensures that the slivers of chilli do not hinder the drinker. Remember that the tempering is a very essential part of the procedure for this recipe.
- Combine the curds, coconut milk, coriander, green chillies and sugar along with1 1½ cups of water in a bowl and mix well till the sugar dissolves.
- Add the salt, mix well and keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan, add the cumin seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- When the seeds crackle, pour the tempering over the drink.
- Remove the green chillies and discard them before serving.
- Serve immediately.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.