by Tarla Dalal
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22785 times
Curds and onions add zing to this baingan recipe. Teamed with steamed rice it forms a meal that will be fondly remembered by your taste buds.
- Combine the poppy seeds and cumin seeds in a microwave-proof bowl, cover with a lid and microwave on high for 1½ minutes.
- Remove and grind to a fine powder in a mixer.
- Add the onions, green chillies and garlic to the mixer and blend to a smooth paste using little water. Keep aside.
- Slit the brinjals lengthwise into four carefully so that they remain joint at the stem and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the oil and fenugreek seeds in a microwave-proof bowl, cover with a lid and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared paste, chilli powder and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Add the curds, slit brinjals and ½ cup water and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with spring onion greens.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.