Khubani ka Meetha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13984 times
Khubani ka Meetha…a perfect end to a Mughlai meal!. It is a simple yet delicious treat that can be enjoyed topped with whipped cream or ice-cream. Though every North Indian state has its own recipe of this dessert here is my favorite method of preparing it.
- Soak the apricots in warm water for 2 to 3 hours and drain well.
- Deseed them and chop finely.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the apricots and cook on a medium flame till the mixture leaves oil, while stirring continuously. This could take approx. 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the sugar and cook again for 5 to 7 minutes or till the sugar dissolves.
- Add the khoya and cardamom powder, mix well and cook till the mixture thickens a little.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.