Khichdi- Easy and Simple
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 68387 times
Khichdi is an easy to digest healthy indian food prepared with a combination of rice with lentils.
- Clean, wash the rice and moong dal together and soak in enough water for an hour.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add the cloves, cinnamon and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger and garlic sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice, moong dal, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and add 5 cups of water and mix well.
- Cover and pressure cook for 3 whistles or till cooked.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by anu_bunny on 27 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.