Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5065 times
An aromatic khichadi baked and served in a casserole.
Add your private note
Khichadi Casserole recipe - How to make Khichadi Casserole
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- Clean, wash and pressure cook the dals, rice and broken wheat along with salt, turmeric powder, ghee and enough water for 4 to 5 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- For the tempering, heat the ghee in small pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cinnamon, cloves, asafoetida and pepper and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add this to the khichdi and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in broad pan and add the sesame seeds.
- Add the vegetables, mix well and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Keep aside.
- Grease a deep baking tray using little ghee.
- Arrange khichadi layer at bottom followed with the vegetable layer.
- Spread the curds evenly on it.
- Sprinkle some moong, tomatoes, salt and sauf powder evenly on top and bake it in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot with kadhi and papad.
This recipe was contributed by damyantiben on 27 Jan 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.