Khatta Makai Palak ( Know Your Green Leafy Vegetables )
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16975 times
A luscious dish that can be pepped up even more by adding a little lemon juice. Keeping the gravy intact, you can add a variety of ingredients like potatoes,koftas,dumplings etc. To make various gravy dishes.
- Combine the spinach, dried fenugreek leaves, sugar, indian sorrel leaves and ¼ cup of water together in a deep pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the water dries out. Keep aside to cool.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai; add the onion paste and sauté on a medium flame till the paste turns brown in colour.
- Add the tomato puree, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and garam masala and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or till the oil separates from the gravy.
- Add the corn, the prepared green paste gravy, mix well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once in between.
- Add the milk, salt and mix well. Simmer for another 2 minutes. Serve hot.
- While sautéing onion paste, sprinkle a little water to avoid paste from burning.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.