by Tarla Dalal
Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 55439 times
Not to easy to make but once prepared, you will feel the effort worthwhile.
- Sieve the flour.
- Rub 30 grams of ghee very well into the flour.
- Make a well in the centre. Add the salt in this well and pour a little ice-cold water on top.
- Make a soft dough by adding some more ice-cold water.
- Knead the dough for 2 minutes.
- Keep the dough under a cloth for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough with the help of a little flour to an along shape. Brush away the extra flour..
- Apply the remaining 100 grams of ghee leaving aside a strip of about 12 mm. (1/2") width all around.
- Cut the rolled dough into 3 unequal parts as shown in diagrams.
- Roll up part no.1.
- Put it over part no.3 and roll up with no.1 inside.
- Put this rolled part on part no.2.
- Go on pulling the edges to seal the ghee while rolling part no.2 with no.3 inside.
- Sprinkle plenty of flour on a tray. Put the rolled dough over it and sprinkle flour again. Cover with a cloth.
- Chill the dough in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator over the ice tray for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and roll out to a rectangular shape.
- Divide the dough into 3 imaginary equal parts as shown in diagrams.
- This time no cutting is rquired. Fold part no.1 on the left on part no.2 and fold part no.3 on the right on part no.2.
- Chill the dough in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator over the ice tray for 5 minutes.
- Roll out once again into a big rectangle with the help of flour. Brush away the extra flour.
- Cut the biscuits into 50 mm. x 25 mm. (2" x 1") rectangles.
- Arrange these biscuits on a baking tray, brush with melted ghee and bake in a hot oven at 400°F for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 50°F and bake for at least 20 minutes more to dry the biscuits.
- Cool the biscuits and store.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.